Monday 8 October 2012

Goodwood Revival 2012

Goodwood Revival 2012 Opening Ceremony
My brother and I bought tickets for my parents to go to Goodwood Revival 2012 as an anniversary present this year and I was lucky enough to accompany them on the sunny Saturday in September. The annual event is a chance to step back in time and watch motor racing in vintage style with cars, motorbikes, planes and fashion of the 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s.  The vehicles are fantastic, the fashions fabulous and its just an immensely enjoyable event all round.  Here are a few photos to give a flavour....i'm DEFINITELY going back next year!
entering the motor circuit
uh oh...roadworks (and their on a tea break!) when it hasn't even started yet - ha ha!
the recreated Earls Court Motor Show
fab vintage vehicles

even a few Yankee specimens!

i think i just found my ideal ...so cute!
some proper vintage bicycles
and motorbikes - my Dad (left) as the owner of SEVEN vintage bikes himself - was loving this!       
2012 saw the return of the Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrows (circa 1930s!)
and this year they introduced the pedal cars!
with children entering the inaugural Settrington Cup - brilliant!
the Spirit of Aviation area filled with period planes
\
my Dad standing beside a Piston Provost - the first aircraft he flew in the RAF!
 
  
there was just so much to look at around the site...
with live music, dancing and retro shopping
everyone looking fabulous
even Dad's Army were on hand (and a few spivs selling stockings!)

the races were running all day....
and you are able to dip in and out and move from area to area to get the best view...
and out in the parking area there are lots more vintage vehicles to look at -here's my mum next to my favourite car of all time...tho i've never seen a red moggy (Morris Minor)!
and here's me in action!  look out Fangio - here comes Goggles Pisano!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment